Whenever you look in a fitness magazine, they tell you to have a meal that contains a protein source (usually chicken), a complex carb source (typically a sweet potato), and also broccoli.
Sure on paper that sounds like a solid healthy meal. But what about taste?
If you had those three foods day after day, you’d get bored very quick. And when the majority of people get bored…they resort back to the temptation of unhealthy sugary and salty foods.
This is where I came into the picture and teach you how to turn boring “fitness foods”, into delicious foods that you’ll actually want to eat.
In this episode of Lean Live TV’s Brad’s Cookbook, I show you how to spice up your fitness foods to make them absolutely delicious.
I take a chicken breast, a sweet potato, and broccoli, and turn them into a dinner that even your 3 year old kid will want to eat (I have proof from a viewer comment).
– 1 chicken breast
– 1 medium sweet potato
– handful of spinach
– 1 tbsp dijon mustard
– 1 packet of stevia
– dash of sea salt
– 1 tsp of curry powder
– 1 tsp paprike
– 1/4 tsp onion powder
– dash cayenne pepper
– 1/4 tsp thyme
– 1/4 tsp rosemary
– 1/4 tsp garlic powder
– tbsp of coconut butter
– splash of extra virgin olive oil
– splash of balsamic vinegar
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 F
2. To make the dijon sauce, mix dijon mustard, curry powder, stevia, and sea salt in a mixing bowl.
3. Add chicken breast to the mixing bowl and coat the chicken.
4. Place chicken in a glass baking dish.
5. Add paprika, onion powder, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper to a mixing bowl.
6. Cut sweet potato in half and cover with coconut butter.
7. Dash each sweet potato with spice mix.
8. Cover baking sheet with tin foil and place sweet potatoes on top.
9. Put chicken and sweet potatoes in the oven.
10. Cook chicken for 35 mins. Cook sweet potatoes for 45 mins.
11. Put spinach on a plate and top with a splash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Leave a comment below if you liked this Dijon Chicken, Cajun Sweet Potato and Spinach Salad Recipe.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out the Quinoa Energy Bar recipe.
Also be sure to subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube Channel so you never miss a recipe or workout!