Hey Live Leaners,
On today’s episode I’m going to share one of my top secrets to TURN ON the fat burning switch.
That’s right, by following this tip, your body will turn into a fat burning machine.
Here’s the simple tip’¦.
ELIMINATE processed carbohydrates.
By doing this, you’ll minimize the excessive production of the fat storing hormone insulin, that is secreted from your pancreas.
KEY POINT’¦. Carbs control insulin’¦Insulin controls fat storage.
After eating these sugary foods, an excessive amount of insulin is released into the bloodstream to quickly remove the sugar. Keep in mind, an optimal level of sugar in the bloodstream is less than one teaspoon.
So what do you think happens when you eat a cinnamon roll containing 60 grams of sugar??
Well, I’m going to demonstrate this. It’s called the “Spill Over Effect” and I outlined this in full in my book, Awaken The Abs Within.
In order the the 60 grams of sugar to be broken down, it goes through 3 steps:
If you’re somewhat active up to 30% of the sugar will be burned for immediate energy’¦that equals 18g of sugar.
Being active, another 30% of the sugar can be stored as glycogen in the liver and muscle cells for short-term energy’¦this would equal another 18g of sugar.
IMPORTANT NOTE: however if you’re not active, your glycogen levels may already be full, so there is no room to store that sugar for short-term energy. If this is the case, that 18g of sugar gets sent to’¦
Step #3…THE SPILL OVER:
Since the muscle and liver glycogen stores are at capacity, the sugar has to be stored somewhere. Guess where it goes? The remaining 40% of sugar can then be stored in the fat cells FAT.
If your glycogen levels were already full in Step #2’¦that additional 30% gets added to the 40% for a grand total of 70% or 42g of sugar being stored in the fat cells.
When sugar is quickly removed from the bloodstream it causes a sugar crash’¦you know the crash’¦ when you feel mentally and physically fatigued’¦and you begin to crave even more sugary foods!
Thus you eat more sugar…then the cycle repeats itself and turns into a fatty MESS!
Not only is insulin a fat storing hormone, it can also inhibit your body from burning fat for energy.
But wait, insulin isn’t all bad…
There is a benefit to insulin though’¦
Insulin helps re-stock muscle and liver glycogen stores to help re-build muscle.
This is why carbs/insulin is beneficial AFTER your workout.
You cannot burn body fat and live lean on a diet high in processed carbs.
Definitely eliminate human made toxic sugar foods like:
You know all the other ones! These sugary products are foreign to your genes so your body doesn’t know how to process or assimilate it.
Grain products to cut back on include:
– Corn (yes corn is a grain not veggie)
…and to a lesser extent legumes (like beans, peanuts, peas, and of course soy).
Even though whole grain products have more nutritional value than white products’¦they can still cause excess insulin production, and also contain anti-nutrients that can cause digestion, immune, and inflammation issues.
You know, food that our digestive systems were designed to process.
I’m talking about:
– Natural carbs like veggies and fruit
– Proteins from fish, poultry, meat, eggs
– Healthy fats from nuts and seeds
By focusing on these natural foods that humans have ate for millions of years, the body fat will fall off, you’ll feel satiated and full, and your energy levels will quickly elevate to new levels.
The quick fat loss results I’ve seen from people limiting carbs to 50-100g a day is amazing. These carbs would come from veggies and fruit.
If you’re more active or just looking to maintain like me, your carb range could be more in the 100-150g a day.
If you think that’s low’¦remember civilizations with 99% of the same genetic make up as us have survived for thousands of years on less than 50g of carbs a day.
So it’s up to you to take action on this information.
Eat real food.
Subscribe To My FREE Live Lean TV Health, Fitness, & Nutrition YouTube Channel For More Videos:
– Do you still eat grains?
– How many grams of carbs do you eat a day? What’s your health goal?
Be sure to share your answers in the comment section below and share this post with your friends via the social media icons on the side or below.
click ’”> MAXIMIZE THE AFTERBURN EFFECT
Check out my FREE WORKOUT VIDEOS & PRINTABLE WORKOUTS, click ’”> FREE WORKOUTS
Check out my FREE COOKING VIDEOS & RECIPES, click ’”> FREE RECIPES
Also be sure to subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube Channel so you never miss a recipe or workout!
Brad Gouthro is the founder of Live Lean TV, a media company focused on helping men and women “Live Lean” 365 days a year. Brad’s programs and content have helped millions of people all over the world learn how to get in shape, and more importantly, sustain it for life.