The Barbell Flat Bench Press is another one of the big 3 bang for your buck exercises. It primarily targets your chest, as well as your triceps, and the front of your shoulders.
Watch the Barbell Flat Bench Press: exercise demonstration video above.
To perform Barbell Flat Bench Press:
1. Lie down with your back on top of a flat bench, feet planted firmly into the floor.
2. With a just outside shoulder width grip on the bar, lift the bar off the rack, and hold it with straight arms and wrists over your chest.
3. To ensure the tension is placed on your chest and not primarily on your shoulders, squeeze your shoulder blades back and down before lowering the weight.
4. Next, slowly lower the bar to just above your sternum by bending your elbows and pulling them down to your sides.
5. Contract your chest, push your head and back into the bench, and push the bar back up to the top of the lift, always ensuring the bar is in alignment and directly above your elbows.
To pump your chest, check out our Chest Pumping Giant Set Chest Workout video. Give it a try!
If not, click here to go download it now. This guide takes away all the confusion with your diet and workouts as it gives you the exact meal plan, video cooking lessons, and grocery lists you need to Live Lean without being a slave in the kitchen. It also includes a FREE 4-week Hot Body Workout program.
This is the type of premium content our inner circle members at TeamLiveLean.com receive every single month.
So many of you have already download the starter guide for free and are loving the results. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do it here.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, make sure you subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube channel as we upload new episodes every Monday and Thursday.
I love you guys and keep Living Lean.
Brad Gouthro is the founder of Live Lean TV, a media company focused on helping men and women “Live Lean” 365 days a year. Brad’s programs and content have helped millions of people all over the world learn how to get in shape, and more importantly, sustain it for life.