The Pull Up Hold is a challenging isometric exercise that targets the strengthening of the back muscles.
Watch the PULL UP HOLD: exercise demonstration video above.
To perform PULL UP HOLD:
1. Grip a pull up bar with an overhand grip and your hands the same distance apart as you would use on a bench press. You can also use a mixed grip variation with one hand using an overhand grip and the other using an underhand grip. This slightly twists the body so you core has to work hard to keep you in alignment.
2. Now contract your core, glutes, and back muscles to pull your chest up to the bar.
3. Hold your hold at this position for 10-20 seconds (or however long you can manage).
4. Under control, lower your body back to a full hang and repeat.
5. If you want to add more weight, wear a weighted vest or hang a dumbbell from a dip belt or from your feet.
To build boulder shoulder, check out our Delt Demolition Workout video. Give it a try!
If not, click here to go download it now. This guide takes away all the confusion with your diet and workouts as it gives you the exact meal plan, video cooking lessons, and grocery lists you need to Live Lean without being a slave in the kitchen. It also includes a FREE 4-week Hot Body Workout program.
This is the type of premium content our inner circle members at TeamLiveLean.com receive every single month.
So many of you have already download the starter guide for free and are loving the results. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do it here.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, make sure you subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube channel as we upload new episodes every Monday and Thursday.
I love you guys and keep Living Lean.
Brad Gouthro is the founder of Live Lean TV, a media company focused on helping men and women “Live Lean” 365 days a year. Brad’s programs and content have helped millions of people all over the world learn how to get in shape, and more importantly, sustain it for life.