Live Lean Nation, I finally nailed a homemade protein ice cream blizzard recipe!
Do you want the recipe? Well since you’re so good to me, I’m going to share the recipe with you on today’s episode of Live Lean TV.
But before I share the recipe, remember how much I used to love Dairy Queen Blizzards?
If you’re a long-time Live Leaner, you may even remember my first Live Lean TV intro included a clip of me actually eating a blizzard.
Yep, I used to crave and loved eating those things.
But guess what?
I haven’t had a Dairy Queen Blizzard in over a year… but I’ve still been eating blizzards almost every day!
Yep, when we’re living lean, it’s not all about chicken and broccoli.
We find ways to Live Lean-ify, delicious treats like blizzards, using healthier ingredients with a much more balanced macronutrient profile.
In other words, more protein, more healthy fat, and much less sugar.
This ice cream recipe is the perfect night time snack since it high in protein and healthy fat, and low in sugar.
(Makes 2 servings)
– 1 cup coconut milk (from a carton)
– 1 frozen banana
– 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (try this clean brand)
– 1 tbsp chia seeds
– 2 tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp lemon flavored Ascenta NutraSea Fish Oil (25% off coupon code: livelean)
– 1 cup of frozen blueberries
– 2 tsp shredded coconut
– 1 tbsp almond butter
1. Add coconut milk, banana, protein powder, chia seeds, 1 tsp cinnamon, and fish oil to the blender. Blend.
2. Add 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries to the bottom of a bowl.
3. Pour liquid over the 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries. Then add the second 1/2 cup of blueberries on top.
4. Sprinkle on shredded coconut.
5. Stir in almond butter and allow the mixture to set for 2 mins to allow the frozen blueberries to help solidify the liquid.
Carbohydrates: 31g (from natural fruit)
Fat: 14g (mainly from omega 3s)
Now, lets compare the nutrition info of a Dairy Queen Blizzard with my homemade protein ice cream blizzard.
A small Dairy Queen’s blizzard contains 570 calories which 36% of those calories are made up of 23g of unhealthy fat, a whooping 80g of carbs which 72g are pure sugar. Those carbs make up 56% of the calories. And a measly 10g of protein which make up 7% of the calories.
And look at these ingredients’¦ **shakes head**.
My homemade protein ice cream blizzard contains, 330 calories, which 24% of those calories are from 20g of protein, 38% of calories from 31g of carbs (all from fruit), and 38% of calories from 14g of healthy fat.
Just proof once again, that you can still eat delicious food, and still live lean.
I encourage you to check out our Inner Circle Team Live Lean site.
Brad Gouthro is the founder of Live Lean TV, a media company focused on helping men and women “Live Lean” 365 days a year. Brad’s programs and content have helped millions of people all over the world learn how to get in shape, and more importantly, sustain it for life.