Live Lean Nation, on today’s exercise demonstration, I’m showing you how to do alternating dumbbell forward lunge.
The alternating dumbbell forward lunge is a great way to progress your traditional bodyweight forward lunge as the added weight will provide more benefit to your quads, calves, and improve balance.
To perform the alternating dumbbell forward lunge:
1. With a shoulder width stance, hold two dumbbells at your sides with a palms in grip.
2. Ensure your shoulders are pulled back, chest up, and core is engaged throughout the entire movement.
3. Take one step forward with one leg, then bend your knees to lower your body towards the ground until your front thigh is parallel to the ground and your back knee is just 1 inch above the ground.
4. Ensure your front shin is also perpendicular to the ground. Do not allow your front knee to lean past your toes.
5. Press your feet through the ground to push back to standing, then repeat with the other leg. Repeat.
To ensure you’re maximizing your gains, check out more of our exercise demonstration videos.
To build muscle and burn fat, check out our Pack on Muscle and Lose Fat with this Compound Workout video. Give it a try!
If not, click here to go download it now. This guide takes away all the confusion with your diet and workouts as it gives you the exact meal plan, video cooking lessons, and grocery lists you need to Live Lean without being a slave in the kitchen. It also includes a FREE 4-week Hot Body Workout program.
This is the type of premium content our inner circle members at TeamLiveLean.com receive every single month.
So many of you have already download the starter guide for free and are loving the results. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do it here.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, make sure you subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube channel as we upload new episodes every Monday and Thursday.
I love you guys and keep Living Lean.
CLICK NOW TO GET THE DONE-FOR-YOU PLAN TO LIVE LEAN
Brad Gouthro is the founder of Live Lean TV, a media company focused on helping men and women “Live Lean” 365 days a year. Brad’s programs and content have helped millions of people all over the world learn how to get in shape, and more importantly, sustain it for life.
8 responses to “How To Do An Alternating Dumbbell Forward Lunge | Exercise Video and Guide”