The Single Arm Dumbbell Lawnmower Row is a variation of the traditional bent over row, where this version requires a rotating of the torso at the top of the movement to incorporate more obliques as well as hitting your shoulders and upper back. It’s called the lawnmower row as the movement is very similar to pulling the cord to start a lawnmower.
Watch the SINGLE ARM DUMBBELL LAWNMOWER ROW: exercise demonstration video above.
To perform SINGLE ARM DUMBBELL LAWNMOWER ROW:
1. Hold a dumbbell in one hand with a palm facing in grip hanging down by your side.
2. Get into a forward lunge stance with your back leg straight and being on the same side as the arm holding the dumbbell.
3. Bend at the waist and place your free hand on your front knee.
4. Bend your elbow, keeping the dumbbell close to your side as you row the dumbbell up to your ribs while rotating your torso to that side.
5. Under control, reverse the movement to lower the dumbbell back to the starting lunge position.
6. Complete all the reps on one side, then switch sides and repeat with the opposite arm.
Check out our Top 5 Exercises For Boulder Shoulders video. Give it a try!
If not, click here to go download it now. This guide takes away all the confusion with your diet and workouts as it gives you the exact meal plan, video cooking lessons, and grocery lists you need to Live Lean without being a slave in the kitchen. It also includes a FREE 4-week Hot Body Workout program.
This is the type of premium content our inner circle members at TeamLiveLean.com receive every single month.
So many of you have already download the starter guide for free and are loving the results. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do it here.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, make sure you subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube channel as we upload new episodes every Monday and Thursday.
I love you guys and keep Living Lean.