Disclaimer: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Whether it’s taking the kids to football practice…
Fitting in your workouts…
Or spending time with friends…
One thing is for sure. Time is of essence.
You’re busy. I’m busy. We’re all busy.
That’s just the world we live in today. So we must accept it.
But does this busy lifestyle give you a free pass to a lifetime of drive thru breakfasts, lunches, and dinners?
Of course not.
If you’re reading this, you’re a member of the Live Lean Nation and we don’t rock the fast food lifestyle.
We choose to make better, healthier decisions.
However, this doesn’t mean we need to be perfect 100% of the time.
It just means we’re focused on making daily progress towards achieving our health and wellness goals.
And one of the most important ways to improve our health is via the foods we feed our body.
On my show, Live Lean TV, I’m always sharing creative ways to add more protein to your diet.
These usually include:
- Purchasing and cooking your meats in bulk. That way you can have quick access to a good quality protein source within minutes. Simply store the leftovers in containers and serve it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a side salad. Done.
- Purchase pre-cooked meats. It’s great to see more healthy and convenient pre-packaged high protein foods becoming available. These #everydayeffortless options like the Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast can be found at your local Warmart. They’re perfect for people who don’t like to cook, don’t know how to cook, or simply don’t have the time to cook.
Last Wednesday I went with option 2.
I had a crazy day of filming and I was feeling “hangry”. When I got home, I almost lost it when my fridge was void of all things protein related.
My first instinct was to call it my weekly cheat meal and head out for something quick and dirty.
Then as I was driving, it all of a sudden hit me.
I just remembered Jessica and I had a night out planned for Saturday.
This quickly ended my plans for a quick cheat meal.
I knew I still needed something quick and healthy.
As I drove past all the fast food restaurants, I decided to stop at the Walmart Neighborhood Market in Los Angeles.
I remembered hearing about the Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast so I quickly went to the refrigerator aisle to find them.
As my stomach yelled at my again, I quickly put the Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast in my shopping cart and threw in a bag of pre-made salad as well. I knew I had some olive oil and balsamic vinegar at home for the salad dressing (as well as some almonds), so the salad was good to go!
As my stomach was yelling “FEED ME!”, I rushed to the register to check out.
Then I was that weird guy running to his car with a Walmart bag in hand. Perfect selfie opportunity.
I arrived home and within 6 minutes flat I had a plate of healthier gainz ready for me to devour.
Here’s the 6 Minute Healthy Chicken Salad Recipe
1. Add Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast to a heated pan over medium high heat for 5 minutes to re-heat the chicken (chicken comes already fully cooked).
2. While chicken is being re-heated, add pre-made salad to a plate.
3. Add handful of almonds to salad.
4. For the salad dressing, simply mix 1 tsp of Olive Oil, 1 tsp of Balsamic Vinegar, and 1 dash of Garlic Powder in a bowl.
5. Add the Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast to the salad and top with the dressing.
6. Done! Take a bite and yell out, “Damn That’s Good!”.
And in typical fashion, after eating this satiating and delicious 6 Minute Chicken Salad recipe, the thoughts of “I’m so glad I didn’t get a pizza” flooded my mind.
This recipe took 6 minutes from start to finish and just look at all that leftover chicken!
Just remember guys. There are healthier and convenient choices out there that are affordable. Keep these Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast top of mind next time you’re hangry!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson®. The opinions and text are all mine.