Ingredients (four servings):
– 1 cup salsa
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tsp minced garlic
– 1 tsp chili powder
– 1 tsp oregano
– 1 tsp lime juice
– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6oz each)
– 1 green pepper, diced
– 1 red pepper, diced
– 1/3 cup low-fat chedder
– salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix salsa, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, oregano, and lime juice together in a bowl.
2. Cut chicken and peppers into bite size pieces and add to the mixture.
3. Cover bowl and allow chicken and peppers to marinate for 8 hours in the fridge.
4. Heat a frying pan over medium high heat (no need for oil) and cook chicken until cooked all the way through (usually 6-10 minutes).
5. Once cooked, add chicken to plates and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Protein: 53 g
Carbs: 10 g
Fats: 15 g