The Y Squat is a challenging bodyweight variation of the traditional squat.
Although it primarily targets your quads, glutes, and hamstrings, it also workouts your back and shoulders as your arms are raised over your head.
Watch the Y Squat exercise demonstration video above.
To perform the Y Squat:
1. Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart, with your arms extended overhead, focus on pulling your shoulder blades back and down.
2. Your body should form a Y.
3. Now begin the squat by sitting back with your hips and lower your body down as far as you can go without rounding your lower back.
4. Maintain the natural arch in your back.
5. Once you hit the bottom of the squat, squeeze your glutes, and push your feet through the ground to get back to the starting position.
To ensure you’re maximizing your gains, check out more of our exercise demonstration videos.
If you want to build a strong and sexy butt, try these 13 squat variations.
If not, click here to go download it now. This guide takes away all the confusion with your diet and workouts as it gives you the exact meal plan, video cooking lessons, and grocery lists you need to Live Lean without being a slave in the kitchen. It also includes a FREE 4-week Hot Body Workout program.
This is the type of premium content our inner circle members at TeamLiveLean.com receive every single month.
So many of you have already download the starter guide for free and are loving the results. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do it here.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, make sure you subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube channel as we upload new episodes every Monday and Thursday.
I love you guys and keep Living Lean.
Brad Gouthro is the founder of Live Lean TV, a media company focused on helping men and women “Live Lean” 365 days a year. Brad’s programs and content have helped millions of people all over the world learn how to get in shape, and more importantly, sustain it for life.