The Hanging Leg Raise is an advanced exercise for the abs that requires a lot of core strength to complete properly.
Watch the HANGING LEG RAISE: exercise demonstration video above.
To perform HANGING LEG RAISE:
1. Grip a pull up bar with a just outside shoulder width, overhand grip.
2. Hang from the pull up bar with your arms fully extended and your legs straight down below you.
3. Next, exhale and contract your abs hard as if you’re about to get punched in the stomach while raising your straight legs up as you flex and curl your hips until your knees are above your waist to really target your abs rather than only going to a 90 degree angle which will mainly target your hip flexors.
4. Then under control, lower your legs back to the starting position.
5. Do not use momentum or swinging to complete the hanging leg raise. The hanging leg raise begins by contracting your abs, not using momentum.
6. Repeat for reps.
Check out our ROCK HARD ABS HOME WORKOUT video. Give it a try!
If not, click here to go download it now. This guide takes away all the confusion with your diet and workouts as it gives you the exact meal plan, video cooking lessons, and grocery lists you need to Live Lean without being a slave in the kitchen. It also includes a FREE 4-week Hot Body Workout program.
This is the type of premium content our inner circle members at TeamLiveLean.com receive every single month.
So many of you have already download the starter guide for free and are loving the results. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do it here.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, make sure you subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube channel as we upload new episodes every Monday and Thursday.
I love you guys and keep Living Lean.
Brad Gouthro is the founder of Live Lean TV, a media company focused on helping men and women “Live Lean” 365 days a year. Brad’s programs and content have helped millions of people all over the world learn how to get in shape, and more importantly, sustain it for life.