If you think the Fire Hydrant with Leg Extension exercise is just for girls who want to lift their butt, you’re wrong. Yes, it’s great for that too, but it’s also great for isolating the glutes, which are important for explosion, power, and getting stronger overall. I like to use this as part of my dynamic warm up to loosen up the hips and activate the glute muscles before squats and deadlifts.
Watch the FIRE HYDRANT WITH LEG EXTENSION: exercise demonstration video above.
To perform FIRE HYDRANT WITH LEG EXTENSION:
1. Get down on the floor with your hands planted directly beneath your shoulders and your knees below your hips.
2. While keeping your knee bent, lift one leg up and out to the side as high as possible without twisting your torso. Your upper body should remain locked down and parallel to the ground at all times.
3. Next, extend your raised leg back to create a straight line with your upper torso.
4. Bend your knee and bring it back to the starting position.
5. Repeat with the opposite leg and continue for reps.
To work your glutes, check out our Get A Booty – Home Workout Routine For Glutes video. Give it a try!
If not, click here to go download it now. This guide takes away all the confusion with your diet and workouts as it gives you the exact meal plan, video cooking lessons, and grocery lists you need to Live Lean without being a slave in the kitchen. It also includes a FREE 4-week Hot Body Workout program.
This is the type of premium content our inner circle members at TeamLiveLean.com receive every single month.
So many of you have already download the starter guide for free and are loving the results. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do it here.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, make sure you subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube channel as we upload new episodes every Monday and Thursday.
I love you guys and keep Living Lean.
Brad Gouthro is the founder of Live Lean TV, a media company focused on helping men and women “Live Lean” 365 days a year. Brad’s programs and content have helped millions of people all over the world learn how to get in shape, and more importantly, sustain it for life.