The Barbell Front Drop Lunge is similar to the traditional barbell drop lunge, however in this variation, not only does the exercise target the hamstrings and glutes, since the barbell is held in the front rack position, it’s easier on the spine. Also, since the weight is loaded on the front of the body, it pulls in more core strength to stabilize the torso to remain upright.
Watch the BARBELL FRONT DROP LUNGE: exercise demonstration video above.
To perform BARBELL FRONT DROP LUNGE:
1. Position a barbell in the front rack position, similar to a front squat. The barbell should rest on the front of your shoulders and griped with your fingers, and your elbows pointing forward and parallel to the floor.
2. With your feet hip width apart, with one leg, take a big and wide step back and behind your opposite leg to get into a lunge position.
3. Lower into the lunge, with your torso upright and core contracted, until your back knee is just above the floor.
4. The barbell should remain square to the front and not rotate as you descend into the lunge.
5. Then drive your front foot through the floor to get back into the starting position.
6. Complete all the reps with one leg, then switch legs and repeat.
Check out our The Lower Body Hurricane Tabata Workout video. Give it a try!
If not, click here to go download it now. This guide takes away all the confusion with your diet and workouts as it gives you the exact meal plan, video cooking lessons, and grocery lists you need to Live Lean without being a slave in the kitchen. It also includes a FREE 4-week Hot Body Workout program.
This is the type of premium content our inner circle members at TeamLiveLean.com receive every single month.
So many of you have already download the starter guide for free and are loving the results. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do it here.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, make sure you subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube channel as we upload new episodes every Monday and Thursday.
I love you guys and keep Living Lean.