The Barbell Bulgarian Split Squat is a fantastic unilateral exercise for the legs. Not only does it target the quads, hamstrings, and glutes, it also requires a lot of core strength to balance the movement.
Watch the BARBELL BULGARIAN SPLIT SQUAT: exercise demonstration video above.
To perform BARBELL BULGARIAN SPLIT SQUAT:
1. Place a bench or stable step 2-3 feet behind you.
2. Then position a barbell across your upper back, with your shoulder blades back, and grip it with an overhand grip.
3. With your core contracted, focus on pressing one of your feet through the floor as you raise and place the opposite foot behind you, resting it on top of the bench. Your front knee should be slightly bent.
4. Keeping your core contracted, slowly lower your body towards the floor by bending your front knee to about 90 degrees or until your front thigh is parallel to the floor.
5. Pause for a slight moment at the bottom, then ensuring you maintain an upright torso with the natural arch in your lower back, press your front foot through the floor to push your body back to the starting position.
6. Finish all the reps with one leg, then switch legs and repeat.
Check out our 10 Minute HIIT Bodyweight Workout video. Give it a try!
If not, click here to go download it now. This guide takes away all the confusion with your diet and workouts as it gives you the exact meal plan, video cooking lessons, and grocery lists you need to Live Lean without being a slave in the kitchen. It also includes a FREE 4-week Hot Body Workout program.
This is the type of premium content our inner circle members at TeamLiveLean.com receive every single month.
So many of you have already download the starter guide for free and are loving the results. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do it here.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, make sure you subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube channel as we upload new episodes every Monday and Thursday.
I love you guys and keep Living Lean.
Brad Gouthro is the founder of Live Lean TV, a media company focused on helping men and women “Live Lean” 365 days a year. Brad’s programs and content have helped millions of people all over the world learn how to get in shape, and more importantly, sustain it for life.