Live Lean Nation, on today’s exercise demonstration, I’m showing you how to do DUMBBELL BOX JUMPS.
Dumbbell Box Jumps are a plyometric jumping exercise that improves leg power, athleticism, and primes the nervous system to get stronger. If you’re new to box jumps, use just your bodyweight in the beginning, then consider progressing up to holding a pair of light dumbbells.
Watch the DUMBBELL BOX JUMPS: exercise demonstration video above.
To perform DUMBBELL BOX JUMPS:
1. Hold pair of dumbbells down by your sides with your palms facing in.
2. With your feet hip width apart, stand in front of a sturdy box, step, or platform that is approximately 18 inches, then progress up in height.
3. To begin the jumping sequence, load your hips by bending at the waist, lean forward, and bend your knees.
4. Explode up by pressing your feet through the ground and extending your hips.
5. While you’re in the air, bend your elbows to raise the dumbbells to the front rack position as you land on the box.
6. Land softly on the box with the same bend in the knees as your starting position to reduce the impact on your knee and hip joints..
7. Once you stick the position, step back off the box to get back into the starting position.
Check out our 7 Minute Workout Challenge video. Give it a try!
If not, click here to go download it now. This guide takes away all the confusion with your diet and workouts as it gives you the exact meal plan, video cooking lessons, and grocery lists you need to Live Lean without being a slave in the kitchen. It also includes a FREE 4-week Hot Body Workout program.
This is the type of premium content our inner circle members at TeamLiveLean.com receive every single month.
So many of you have already download the starter guide for free and are loving the results. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do it here.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, make sure you subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube channel as we upload new episodes every Monday and Thursday.
I love you guys and keep Living Lean.
Brad Gouthro is the founder of Live Lean TV, a media company focused on helping men and women “Live Lean” 365 days a year. Brad’s programs and content have helped millions of people all over the world learn how to get in shape, and more importantly, sustain it for life.