The Barbell Romanian Deadlift, Bent Over Row, and Shrug combo incorporates three different exercises into one, to hit your hamstrings, glutes, back, shoulders, and pretty much every muscle in your body!
Watch the Total Body Combo Exercise: exercise demonstration video above.
To perform Total Body Combo Exercise:
1. Choose a weight that you typically use for barbell bent over rows.
2. With a shoulder width stance, pick up a barbell with an overhand grip that is shoulder width apart. Hold it in front of your thighs.
3. The first movement is the lowering portion of a romanian deadlift. So push your hips back, bend at the hips, maintain a flat back, and lower the bar with straight arms until your torso is parallel to the ground.
4. The second movement is a bent over row. Once your torso is parallel to the ground, bend your elbows, squeeze your shoulder blades together, and pull the bar to your chest. Then lower it in a controlled manner. Your torso should not sway up and down.
5. The third movement is the rising portion of the romanian deadlift. Contract your hamstrings, press your feet through the ground, and stand back up straight while maintaining a flat back and keeping the barbell close to your body.
6. The fourth and final movement is the barbell shrug. As you get back to standing, shrug your shoulders up towards your ears then lower.
7. That’s 1 rep. Repeat.
To ensure you’re maximizing your gains, check out more of our exercise demonstration videos.
To get shredded to the fiber, check out our 4 Min Shredded To The Fiber Total Body Tabata Workout video. Give it a try!
If not, click here to go download it now. This guide takes away all the confusion with your diet and workouts as it gives you the exact meal plan, video cooking lessons, and grocery lists you need to Live Lean without being a slave in the kitchen. It also includes a FREE 4-week Hot Body Workout program.
This is the type of premium content our inner circle members at TeamLiveLean.com receive every single month.
So many of you have already download the starter guide for free and are loving the results. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do it here.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, make sure you subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube channel as we upload new episodes every Monday and Thursday.
I love you guys and keep Living Lean.
Brad Gouthro is the founder of Live Lean TV, a media company focused on helping men and women “Live Lean” 365 days a year. Brad’s programs and content have helped millions of people all over the world learn how to get in shape, and more importantly, sustain it for life.