Live Lean Nation, on today’s exercise demonstration, I’m showing you how to do single arm dumbbell swing.
The Single Arm Dumbbell Swing is a hip hinge exercise that primarily targets the glutes and hamstrings. If you don’t have access to a kettlebell, it’s a decent alternative to the single arm kettlebell swing.
Watch the SINGLE ARM DUMBBELL SWING: exercise demonstration video above.
To perform SINGLE ARM DUMBBELL SWING:
1. With a wider than hip width stance, hold a dumbbell in front of your waist with one hand, using an overhand grip.
2. To initiate the movement, hinge by bending forward at the hips, with a slight bend in your knees until your torso reaches a 45 degree angle to the floor.
3. The dumbbell should swing between between your legs, then thrust your hips forward and squeeze your glutes as you swing the dumbbell with your arm extended up to chest level.
4. Your arm just acts as a guide to move the dumbbell, all the power is initiated by the thrusting of your hips.
5. Reverse the movement and repeat for reps with the same arm.
6. After you hit your rep goal with one arm, switch arms and repeat.
Finish your lower body workout, check out our The Lower Body Hurricane Tabata Workout video. Give it a try!
If not, click here to go download it now. This guide takes away all the confusion with your diet and workouts as it gives you the exact meal plan, video cooking lessons, and grocery lists you need to Live Lean without being a slave in the kitchen. It also includes a FREE 4-week Hot Body Workout program.
This is the type of premium content our inner circle members at TeamLiveLean.com receive every single month.
So many of you have already download the starter guide for free and are loving the results. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do it here.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, make sure you subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube channel as we upload new episodes every Monday and Thursday.
I love you guys and keep Living Lean.
Brad Gouthro is the founder of Live Lean TV, a media company focused on helping men and women “Live Lean” 365 days a year. Brad’s programs and content have helped millions of people all over the world learn how to get in shape, and more importantly, sustain it for life.
One response to “How To Do A SINGLE ARM DUMBBELL SWING | Exercise Demonstration Video and Guide”