The Leg Press is an exercise that depending on your foot position, can either primarily target the quadriceps or the hamstrings and glutes.
Watch the LEG PRESS: exercise demonstration video above.
To perform LEG PRESS:
1. Sit down on the seat with your back against the pad.
2. To target your quadriceps more, place your feet shoulder width apart on the lower area of the platform. This increases range of motion at the knees, thus targeting more quadriceps.
3. To target your hamstrings and glutes more, place your feet shoulder width apart on the top of the platform. This increases the range of extension and flexion at the hips, thus targeting more hamstrings.
4. Foot placement on the middle of the platform tends to engage both the hamstrings and quadriceps equally.
5. Once you get your foot placement situated, release the safety bar and press through the bottom of your feet (especially your heels) to press the platform away from you with your legs fully extended without locking your knees. Your upper and lower torso should create a 90 degree angle.
6. Under control, lower the weight back down by bending your knees until your reach approximately a 90 degree angle with your knees.
To get your buns on fire, check out our Body Recomposition Lactic Acid Workout video. Give it a try!
If not, click here to go download it now. This guide takes away all the confusion with your diet and workouts as it gives you the exact meal plan, video cooking lessons, and grocery lists you need to Live Lean without being a slave in the kitchen. It also includes a FREE 4-week Hot Body Workout program.
This is the type of premium content our inner circle members at TeamLiveLean.com receive every single month.
So many of you have already download the starter guide for free and are loving the results. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do it here.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, make sure you subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube channel as we upload new episodes every Monday and Thursday.
I love you guys and keep Living Lean.