The Hurdle Dumbbell Forward Lunge is a more advanced variation of the traditional dumbbell forward lunge that incorporates a barbell used as a hurdle to step over forcing you to generate more power in your quads, hamstrings, and glutes.
Watch the HURDLE DUMBBELL FORWARD LUNGE: exercise demonstration video above.
To perform HURDLE DUMBBELL FORWARD LUNGE:
1. Place a barbell on the floor with a 45 pound plate on each side.
2. While holding a pair of dumbbells at your sides, stand approximately 2 feet behind the barbell.
3. Step forward and lunge over the barbell with one foot while your back foot remains planted in front of the barbell.
4. Your knee should be bent at a 90 degree angle at the bottom of the lunge.
5. Quickly explode back up with power by pressing both feet through the floor to lift your front foot back up and over the barbell back to standing position.
6. Continue the reps with the same side, then repeat with the opposite leg.
To work your glutes, check out our Get A Booty – Home Workout Routine For Glutes video. Give it a try!
If not, click here to go download it now. This guide takes away all the confusion with your diet and workouts as it gives you the exact meal plan, video cooking lessons, and grocery lists you need to Live Lean without being a slave in the kitchen. It also includes a FREE 4-week Hot Body Workout program.
This is the type of premium content our inner circle members at TeamLiveLean.com receive every single month.
So many of you have already download the starter guide for free and are loving the results. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do it here.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, make sure you subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube channel as we upload new episodes every Monday and Thursday.
I love you guys and keep Living Lean.
Brad Gouthro is the founder of Live Lean TV, a media company focused on helping men and women “Live Lean” 365 days a year. Brad’s programs and content have helped millions of people all over the world learn how to get in shape, and more importantly, sustain it for life.