My Live Leaners know how I feel about supplementing with omega-3 fish oils. However be warned, all fish oils are not created equal. I only work and recommend the best of the best. That’s why I’m so excited to be working as a brand ambassador/spokesperson with Ascenta Health, makers of the highest quality and most delicious fish oils, NutraSea.
Fish oils are one of the most highly recommended supplements on the market by fitness and nutrition professionals because…#1: it works in building muscle, burning fat, and decreasing inflammation & #2: most people are deficient in omega-3s since the body can’t produce this essential fat on its own. This means it must be consumed via diet and supplementation.
If there’s one new supplement to add to your diet, I recommend it be NutraSea, the highest quality omega-3 fish oil from Ascenta Health.
Ascenta has been gracious enough to give my Live Leaners an EXCLUSIVE 25% OFF DISCOUNT for all products, using this link. At the checkout, just use Nutrasea coupon code: Live Lean
Here’s a delicious recipe idea using NutraSea fish oil, from Ascenta Health blogger and 4th year medical student and integrative medicine expert, Josh Webb.
It contains a variety of healthy fruits, spices, and perhaps most importantly, Omega-3 fatty acids supplied from our own NutraSea and NutraVege products.
Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, a carotenoid which is believed to help fight cancer. Preliminary research suggests lycopene may also help protect against cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, and osteoporosis, while boosting fertility.
Avocados are considered by many one of the world’s healthiest foods, rich in healthy monounsaturated fats. They have been known to reduce inflammation – imagine what happens when you pair this wonder-fruit with Ascenta’s omega-3! Avocados are also high in fibre, high in potassium, and an excellent source of Vitamins B, E, and folic acid. Along with tomatoes, early research suggests they may help protect against both cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Red onions have been shown to lower LDL (“bad”) cholesterol while improving overall blood lipid profile. As well, red onions are one of the richest sources of heart-healthy flavonoids and polyphenols.
Here’s how to whip up your own batch of omega-3 guacamole.
1. Scoop out contents of the avocado into a large bowl and mash.
2. Prepare the onions, jalapeno, garlic and tomatoes by dicing. Add diced ingredients to mashed avocado. Squeeze in juice of 1 lime and mix in spices. Stir until ingredients are evenly distributed.
3. Add 4 TBSP of NutraSea Lemon or NutraVege Citrus. This will make your guacamole creamy smooth. NutraSea Lemon complements the lime’s zing, while the NutraVege Citrus option enhances the avocados’ sweet flavour.
4. Serve with or on any of your favourite foods like fajitas, nachos, or chicken.
Go to this exclusive link and at the checkout, use nutrasea coupon code: Live Lean.
If this blog was helpful, show your support by clicking the social media buttons to share the blog to help me further my transformation 50,000 mission.
1. Do you currently supplement with omega-3 fish oils and if so, do you use it to cook?
2. If so, which brand do you use?