The 1 arm sliding pushup is an excellent pushup progression towards completing the 1 arm pushup.
This advanced pushup variation requires a lot of core, chest, and tricep strength.
Watch the 1 arm sliding pushup exercise demonstration video above.
To perform the 1 arm sliding pushup:
1. Start by placing a 1 or 2 small towels on the floor.
2. Place the sliding hand on the towel and start in the pushup position with your hands directly below your shoulders.
3. While keeping your core tight, slide your hand as far in front of you as you can while bending your other elbow to lower your body close to the floor.
4. Slide your hand back to the starting position while pushing up with your other arm.
5. Place the other hand on the towel and repeat.
If the 1 arm sliding pushup is too difficult, progress up to it by completing Staggered Pushups.
1. Have one hand a foot a head of the other and complete the pushup.
To ensure you’re maximizing your gains, check out more of our exercise demonstration videos.
If you want to challenge your pushup prowess, try this 4 minute pushup tabata challenge workout.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, make sure you subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube channel as we upload new episodes every Monday and Thursday.
I love you guys and keep Living Lean.
Now that you know how to safely perform this exercise, it’s now time to follow a properly structured workout program based on your:
Start by taking our FREE Live Lean Body Quiz to get access to the best workout and nutrition program specific to your goals!
For more exercise demonstration videos, subscribe to our Live Lean TV Daily Exercises YouTube channel.
If you found this exercise demonstration helpful, please show your support by clicking the social media buttons to share this with your friends.
Brad Gouthro is the founder of Live Lean TV, a media company focused on helping men and women “Live Lean” 365 days a year. Brad’s programs and content have helped millions of people all over the world learn how to get in shape, and more importantly, sustain it for life.