How To Do An Alternating Sliding One Arm Push Up
The alternating sliding one arm push up is an excellent pushup progression
towards completing the one arm push up.
This advanced push up variation
requires a lot of core
, and triceps
To get started:
- Start by placing a 1 or 2 small towels on the floor.
- Place the sliding hand on the towel and start in the pushup position with your hands directly below your shoulders.
- While keeping your core tight, slide your hand as far in front of you as you can while bending your other elbow to lower your body close to the floor.
- Slide your hand back to the starting position while pushing up with your other arm.
- Place the other hand on the towel and repeat.
If the sliding one arm push up is too difficult, progress up to it by completing alternating staggered push ups, by having one hand a foot a head of the other, and complete the push up.
For more exercise demonstration videos, subscribe to our Live Lean TV Daily Exercises YouTube channel
READY TO BEGIN YOUR LIVE LEAN JOURNEY?
Start by taking our FREE Live Lean Body Quiz to get access to the best program specific to your goals, current fitness level, and access to equipment.
Take the Free Live Lean Body Quiz
Did you enjoy this post on How To Do An Alternating Sliding One Arm Push Up?
If you enjoyed these post on How To Do An Alternating Sliding One Arm Push Up, please support this blog, by clicking the social media buttons to share this with your friends.
Subscribe to our Live Lean TV YouTube channel
and leave a comment below on what you want to see in future posts.
Question For You:
- Have your ever tried the alternating sliding one arm push up?
- Which exercise demonstration do you want to see next?
Be sure to share your answers in the comment section below.
Check out our free workout videos here
Check out my free recipe cooking videos here.
One response to “Alternating Sliding One Arm Push Up”