The Uneven Push Up with a step is an excellent variation of the traditional push up that can help you progress up to completing your first one arm push up. By having your hand on the step, it creates an imbalance, thus creating more tension in one side of your chest than the other. This instability can help progress you up and eventually build the necessary strength to complete your first one arm push up.
Watch the UNEVEN PUSH UP (WITH A STEP): exercise demonstration video above.
To perform UNEVEN PUSH UP (WITH A STEP):
1. Place a step or stable object on the floor that’s approximately 6 inches high.
2. Get into a traditional push up position beside the step with one hand on the step and the other on the floor.
3. Your hands should be positioned just outside of shoulder width.
4. Ensure you keep your chest parallel to the floor throughout the movement. To do this the elbow of the arm on the step will bend more than the elbow of the arm on the floor.
5. Under control, lower your body so your chest makes contact with the step, ensuring you try and keep your chest as parallel to the floor as possible.
6. After completing the reps with one side, switch sides and repeat.
To get a full workout with TRX, check out our 10 Minute Calorie Incinerator HIIT Kettlebell Workout video. Give it a try!
If not, click here to go download it now. This guide takes away all the confusion with your diet and workouts as it gives you the exact meal plan, video cooking lessons, and grocery lists you need to Live Lean without being a slave in the kitchen. It also includes a FREE 4-week Hot Body Workout program.
This is the type of premium content our inner circle members at TeamLiveLean.com receive every single month.
So many of you have already download the starter guide for free and are loving the results. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do it here.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, make sure you subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube channel as we upload new episodes every Monday and Thursday.
I love you guys and keep Living Lean.
Brad Gouthro is the founder of Live Lean TV, a media company focused on helping men and women “Live Lean” 365 days a year. Brad’s programs and content have helped millions of people all over the world learn how to get in shape, and more importantly, sustain it for life.