The Hurdle Dumbbell Side Lunge is an advanced lunge variation that incorporates a barbell used as a hurdle to step over. This forces your quads, hamstrings, and glutes to generate more power to step over the barbell.
Watch the HURDLE DUMBBELL SIDE LUNGE: exercise demonstration video above.
To perform HURDLE DUMBBELL SIDE LUNGE:
1. While holding a pair of dumbbells at your sides, stand to the side of a barbell that is loaded with 45 pound plates on the floor.
2. Lift the leg closest to the barbell up and over while landing in a side lunge position with the moving leg bent as you lower your body as low as you can safely go.
3. The dumbbells can be lowered to both sides of the bent leg.
4. To reverse the side lunge and step back over the barbell, push both feet through the ground with power to rise back to standing.
5. Complete the reps with one leg, then switch legs and repeat.
To work your glutes, check out our Get A Booty – Home Workout Routine For Glutes video. Give it a try!
If not, click here to go download it now. This guide takes away all the confusion with your diet and workouts as it gives you the exact meal plan, video cooking lessons, and grocery lists you need to Live Lean without being a slave in the kitchen. It also includes a FREE 4-week Hot Body Workout program.
This is the type of premium content our inner circle members at TeamLiveLean.com receive every single month.
So many of you have already download the starter guide for free and are loving the results. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do it here.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, make sure you subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube channel as we upload new episodes every Monday and Thursday.
I love you guys and keep Living Lean.