The 20 Minute Rowing Workout Combo To Make You Cry Sweat
Live Lean Nation, on today’s episode I’m sharing a 20 minute rowing workout combo.
Indoor Rowing is an excellent low impact combination of cardio and strength, that is a major calorie blaster. When performed correctly, you’ll get a great cardio, upper and lower body, and core workout.
For this rowing combo workout you will alternate between:
- 30 seconds of rowing (focusing on power and intensity NOT speed)
- 30 seconds rest
- 30 seconds of walking forward lunges
- 30 seconds rest
That’s one round. Complete 10 rounds for a calorie blasting 20 minute workout.
To get started:
- Sit down on the rowing machine seat with your feet tightly strapped into the foot holders.
- Lean forward and bend your knees to grab the handle. Your body should be around 11 o’ clock at this point.
- With your torso upright and arms straight, push your heels through platform to drive your body back.
- As you’re moving towards the back of the rower, lean back so you body is positioned around 1 o’ clock.
- This is when you use your arms to pull the handle towards your chest, using your back strength to finish the stroke.
- Reverse the movement to return to the starting position by extending your arms, leaning forward, and bending your knees.
Remember, a faster and higher stroke rate doesn’t always mean better or that you’re trying harder. Focus on the power and intensity of each stroke first. A 225 lbs squat with perfect form and tempo will create much better results than a 50 lbs squat done as fast as possible with poor form. Speed comes second.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, make sure you click the LIKE button below and click subscribe as we upload new episodes every Monday and Thursday.
I love you guys and keep Living Lean.
Subscribe To My FREE Live Lean TV Health, Fitness, & Nutrition YouTube Channel For More Videos:
If you enjoyed today’s episode, make sure you subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube channel as we upload new episodes every Monday and Thursday.