The Thoracic Rotation is a great mobility exercise to help open up the front of your body, especially if you sit at a desk all day. This activates the muscles in your back to help prevent your shoulders from being rolled forward.
Watch the THORACIC ROTATION: exercise demonstration video above.
To perform THORACIC ROTATION:
1. Get down on your knees in a kneeling position with knees slightly wider than hip width.
2. Flex your feet and press your toes into the ground.
3. Now put both hands down on the ground with your arms straight and your palms directly under your shoulders.
4. Once you’re in this position, activate your core muscles to lock in your hips so they don’t rotate.
5. Your hips should remain parallel to the ground during this exercise.
6. Now place one hand behind your ear, bring that elbow to the stationary elbow, then activate the muscles in your upper back and rotate your elbow to the sky.
7. Keep your core turned on, press through the ground with the straight arm, eyes following your elbow, and try to get as open with as much range of motion as possible.
8. Reverse the movement to touch elbows, repeat for reps, then switch arms.
To test your fitness level, check out our 5 Live Lean Fitness Tests You Should Be Able To Do video. Give it a try!
If not, click here to go download it now. This guide takes away all the confusion with your diet and workouts as it gives you the exact meal plan, video cooking lessons, and grocery lists you need to Live Lean without being a slave in the kitchen. It also includes a FREE 4-week Hot Body Workout program.
This is the type of premium content our inner circle members at TeamLiveLean.com receive every single month.
So many of you have already download the starter guide for free and are loving the results. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do it here.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, make sure you subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube channel as we upload new episodes every Monday and Thursday.
I love you guys and keep Living Lean.
Brad Gouthro is the founder of Live Lean TV, a media company focused on helping men and women “Live Lean” 365 days a year. Brad’s programs and content have helped millions of people all over the world learn how to get in shape, and more importantly, sustain it for life.