Come into the kitchen with me and I’ll show you how to make Live Lean approved donut recipe with chocolate frosting!
Healthy Donuts?! Is this even possible? Yes! anything is possible with enough creativity. Today we’re showing you how to swap healthier ingredients and bake instead of fry to make one of the world’s unhealthiest junk foods into a healthier version of this decadent donut recipe treat.
I used HALF the recipe in this video because I only wanted to make 3 donuts instead of 6. I also changed the topping to be 2 Tbsp of Almond Butter melted with 1 Tbsp of Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
Here’s my version of the recipe in case you want to follow exactly:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients together
3. In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients except for the almond milk
4. Combine together and stir slowly
5. Lastly add the Almond Milk and stir until the liquid is absorbed and you get a smooth batter-like consistency
6. Spray your donut pan with a light coat of cooking spray
7. Spoon the mixture into the pan making sure not to overfill because it does expand a bit while baking and you don’t want them to have muffin tops
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees
9. While the donuts are baking you can make the topping by heating the almond butter and chocolate chips in a frying pan over medium heat
10. When the donuts are done you can dip them into the topping by holding by the edges and dipping top down.
11. Place on a plate and allow to cool for a few minutes, they will now be ready to eat!
You can get a humongous discount (43% OFF) on this book by entering the code “donut” at checkout when you go to www.liveleancookbook.com
DISCOUNT CODE = donut
Here’s the Donut Pan I used: http://amzn.to/1M5OkzU
Here’s the Arrowroot Starch: http://amzn.to/21SFrp4
Here are the Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips: http://amzn.to/1Nlf81a
Almond Flour with Skins on: http://amzn.to/1HXkKSk
You should be able to find the rest of the ingredients at your local grocery store.
Enjoy these rich and delicious donuts in moderation and get your workouts in and you’ll be living lean with donuts!
You can also follow my daily life and see what I eat and do on instagram @jessicarumbaugh and snapchat @snapyjessy.
For access to all of our monthly workout plans & recipes join us at
Thanks for your comments, & KEEP! Living Lean!
2 responses to “Healthy Chocolate Donut Recipe!”
This piece of writing is really a pleasant one it helps new internet people, who are wishing for blogging.|