Prep these snacks before you travel
Are you worried about what to eat when traveling?
5 Best Travel Snacks (Healthy and Macro Friendly!)
Lots of people stress about what to eat when traveling. It can be hard to find healthy food when you are away from home.
So many of the snacks offered to us are full of sugar, preservatives, and unhealthy oils.
By bringing our own homemade snacks with us we can have better control of our macros and our results!
There are so many excellent snack ideas in our cookbooks like the Eat Clean Live Lean Cookbook, The Fearless Foodie Cookbook and the Live Lean 20 Diet. We also have a huge database of recipe videos showing you step by step directions in our member’s site Team Live Lean. Here in this video I’m going to share with you my top 5 snacks I like to travel with as well as how to put them together and what the macros and calorie counts look like.
I’ll also share with your the nutrition breakdown for the serving sizes I’m showing in the video using our Meal Planner Software that you can purchase here: LiveLeanTV.com/Meal-planner-software
Let’s get to making these snacks!
Apple Slices & AB
- 160g (1 whole) apple
- 30g (2 Tbsp) Almond Butter
- Slice the apple and remove the core.
- Squeeze a few drops of lemon juice to preserve the apples freshness and prevent browning.
- Place apple slices into a ziploc bag.
- Scoop 2 Tablespoons of Almond butter into a small container with a lid.
Done! Pack it in your bag to go!
Note: I’d recommend eating this within 3-5 hours so the apple is at it’s freshest, if it will be longer than that, leave the apple unsliced and bring a plastic knife with you to slice it later when you’re ready to eat.
Calories: 291 Macros: 6P, 31C, 16F
Savory Trail Mix, (Nuts & Jerky)
- 28g (6 pieces) Epic Beef Jerky (natural, no nitrates or msg)
- 15g (1 T.) Raw Almonds
- 15g (1 T.) Raw Walnuts
- 15g (1 T.) Raw Pecans
- Tear or cut beef jerky into bite size pieces and place into ½ cup measuring cup.
- Add 1 T. of each of the 3 different kinds of nuts (or just use a single nut variety if you don’t have all 3)
- Pack it in a bag to go!
Note: You can change up the variety of nuts you use. Peanuts, Pistachios & Cashews are also great options.
Calories 388 Macros: 16P, 13C, 30F
Crunchy Fresh Snack Mix (Deli Meat, Pickles, Olives, Veggies)
- 1 cup (Unlimited) free veggies like Celery Sticks and Speared Cucumbers
- 85g (3oz) Baby Carrots
- 30g (10-12) Pitted Olives
- 56g (2 slices) Deli Turkey
- 56g (2 slices) Deli Ham
- 28g (1oz, but unlimited) Mini Dill Pickles
- Chop the fresh veggies and put in a ziploc bag
- In a small plastic container with a lid, add 2 slices of deli turkey rolled up and 2 slices of deli ham rolled up.
- Top with the pickles and olives too (or if the olives are already in a togo pack just leave them packaged up)
- Seal the plastic container, wrap it in a paper towel if you’re concerned about leaks and that’s it! Ready to go.
Calories: 173 Macros: 23P, 12C, 4F
- 30g (2 Large Leaves) Collard Greens
- 100g (2 Large) Whole Eggs
- 90g (3oz) Ground Beef mixed with onion, garlic,bell peppers
- Dash of Salt and Pepper to season
- Spray a light coat of cooking spray on a frying pan
- Scramble the 2 eggs and season with salt and pepper
- Add the portion of meat & veggies from last night’s leftovers
- Prepare the collard leaf by rinsing it and removing the spine
- Scoop ½ of the egg & meat mix onto each of the collard leaves and fold the edges in and roll it into two separate burritos.
- Carefully place the burritos into a plastic baggie or wrap with foil and take to go!
Note: If you want to reheat these later you can place on a frying pan and heat each side for about 30-45 seconds, or you can just eat them room temp or cold. If you won’t be eating them for longer than 2-3 hours I suggest refrigerating them.
Calories: 382 Macros 36P, 3C, 25F
Paleo Protein Cookies
- 130g (1 medium) Sweet Potato
- 30g (1 scoop) Whey Protein
- 125g (½ cup) Almond Butter
- 50g (1 large) Whole Egg
- 125g (½ cup) Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- 15g (1 T.) Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Peel and Chop the sweet potato into 1 inch squares.
- Boil the sweet potato in water for about 10 minutes or until a fork goes through it easily.
- Drain the cooked sweet potato and put into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add ½ cup almond butter to the mixing bowl, add the egg and mix all together
- Add maple syrup, scoop of whey protein, dash of cinnamon, sea salt and ¼ tsp of vanilla extract. Mix
- Add chocolate chips and gently fold into the mix.
- Lightly grease the baking sheet and scoop 1 T. of cookie batter to form a cookie.
- Add to the oven and bake for approx 10 minutes.
- Wait till cookies cool then pack 2-3 cookies in a ziplock baggie to go
Nutrition Info (PER SERVING, A serving is 2 cookies, the recipe makes 14 cookies)
Calories: 268 Macros: 10P, 22C, 16F
These are all EXCELLENT snack ideas that you can pack with you and take on-the-go to continue living lean and fitting your daily nutrient needs.
Now that you have all these awesome snack ideas you’ll never be caught again traveling without healthy food options!
There are SO many more incredible live-lean-approved recipes in our cookbooks and our members site.
To find more healthy eating inspirations check out these resources:
Thanks for your comments, & KEEP! Living Lean!
Have You Downloaded our FREE New Ultimate Live Lean Starter Guide Yet?
If not, click here to go download it now. This guide takes away all the confusion with your diet and workouts as it gives you the exact meal plan, video cooking lessons, and grocery lists you need to Live Lean without being a slave in the kitchen. It also includes a FREE 4-week Hot Body Workout program.
This is the type of premium content our inner circle members at TeamLiveLean.com receive every single month.
So many of you have already download the starter guide for free and are loving the results. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, do it here.
Subscribe To My FREE Live Lean TV Health, Fitness, & Nutrition YouTube Channel For More Videos:
If you enjoyed today’s episode, make sure you subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube channel as we upload new episodes every Monday and Thursday.