Food Wars: Coffee vs Tea
My Live Lean TV viewers asked for my thoughts on coffee and tea. Is there another food or drink that more people are passionate about than coffee? Well maybe al-co-ma-hol but at least most people are clear on the side effects of the fun juice.
It’s true, coffee consumption is way up there. It’s typically the first thing people go for in the morning to kickstart their day. Of course, that’s the caffeine talking.
People often overlook the overall health benefits of coffee and stop short based on the drawbacks of over consumption of caffeine (that’s a lot of “over” pre-fixes in one sentence).
In this episode of Food Wars we’ll explore the following:
1. Health benefits of coffee: including it’s antioxidant benefit and it’s role in realizing fatty acids from your andipose tissue (that’s the fat tissue you love to hate).
2. Coffee side effects: including it’s role in decreasing insulin resistance and how you can help minimize its effect.
3. Tea benefits: how you can choose the right tea for you based on caffeine content, antioxidant benefits, and minimizing the dreaded teeth stains. Also how many cups a day do you need for maximum antioxidant benefit?
NOTE: A few comments on my video have come up saying coffee dehydrates you. Research that I’ve looked at says otherwise.
University of Connecticut Study Abstract: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16131696
Journal of the American College of Nutrition Abstract: http://www.jacn.org/content/19/5/591.full
Find out all this and more in this episode of Food Wars.
Food Wars: Is Coffee Healthy? Coffee vs. Tea
Questions For You:
– Do you drink coffee? If so, how many cups a day?
– Do you drink tea? If so, what type and how many cups a day?
Be sure to share your answers in the comment section below and share this post with your friends via the social media icons on the side or below.
Get my full PREMIUM LIVE LEAN LIFESTYLE PROGRAM, click ’”> AWAKEN THE ABS WITHIN
Check out my FREE WORKOUT VIDEOS & PRINTABLE WORKOUTS, click ’”> FREE WORKOUTS
Check out my FREE COOKING VIDEOS & RECIPES, click ’”> FREE RECIPES
Be sure to subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube channel so you never miss another Food Wars video.