Healthy Biscuits Recipe – Paleo Gluten Free Biscuits
Biscuits? On Live Lean TV?
That’s right…I’ve said it time and time again…living the lean lifestyle is not about eating dull and boring foods.
You can pretty much eat anything you like, as long as you use higher quality ingredients. And that’s exactly what we’re doing on today’s episode of Brad’s Cookbook.
This episode is based on a viewer request for a healthy biscuit recipe.
I admit, I haven’t had a biscuit in a long time so I had to go searching for a recipe. Luckily I came across Simply Living Healthy and their healthy Perfect Paleo Biscuit. I was first drawn in that their recipe was Gluten Free and Paleo Friendly. Then I looked at the ingredients. They were exactly what I was hoping for. Clean and healthy. In fact, the recipe only uses 6 ingredients and only takes approximately 20 mins of prep and baking time. So thank you and thumbs up to Simply Living Healthy!
So what are we waiting for? Follow along with my Brad’s Cookbook video below and lets make some Gluten Free Paleo Friendly Biscuits!
Brad’s Cookbook: Gluten Free Biscuits – Paleo Friendly
– 1/4 cup of coconut flour
– 3/4 cup of ground almonds
– 1 tsp of baking powder
– 1/4 tsp of sea salt
– 6 egg whites
– 1 & 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F.
2. In a mixing bowl, add coconut flour, ground almonds, baking powder, sea salt, and coconut oil. Stir briefly then place in fridge for 10 mins.
3. Add egg whites to a separate bowl and beat until frothy. Once 10 mins is up, add egg whites to the flour mixture and stir until consistent.
4. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet, spray with a light coating of cooking spray, and scoop out 1/4 cup of mixture to make one biscuit (my version made 4 biscuits).
5. Mold each to form the shape of a biscuit.
6. Add to oven and bake for 15 mins or until golden.
7. You’re done! Enjoy!
Nutrition Information via my Meal Planner Software
Questions For You:
– Do you like biscuits or are you like me and haven’t had one in a long time?
– Are you going to try this recipe?
Be sure to share your answers in the comment section below and share this post with your friends via the social media icons on the side or below.
Get my full PREMIUM LIVE LEAN LIFESTYLE PROGRAM, click ’”> AWAKEN THE ABS WITHIN
Check out my FREE WORKOUT VIDEOS & PRINTABLE WORKOUTS, click ’”> FREE WORKOUTS
Check out my FREE COOKING VIDEOS & RECIPES, click ’”> FREE RECIPES
Also be sure to subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube Channel so you never miss a recipe or workout!