Healthy Pizza Recipe
One of my all-time favourite meals is pizza. If you want to know what ingredients I use to make this healthy pizza recipe, you’ve come to the right place.
Healthy Pizza Recipe Ingredients (one serving):
– 1 whole wheat pita
– 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 1 minced clove of garlic
– 1 tbsp of tomato sauce
– 1/2 sliced tomato
– 1/2 tsp of basil
– 1/2 tsp of oregano
– dash of crushed red pepper flakes
– sea salt and black pepper to taste
– 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
– 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese
– 4 oz of pre-cooked chicken breast
– 1/4 cup of pineapple (optional)
Healthy Pizza Recipe Instructions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 375F.
2. Add tinfoil to a baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray.
3. Brush olive oil on pita.
4. Sprinkle minced garlic on top.
5. Spread tomato sauce on top.
6. Add sliced tomatoes, mushrooms, pineapple, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, sea salt and black pepper.
7. Top with pre-cooked chicken.
8. Add to the oven for 8 minutes to crisp up the pita.
9. Add cheese on top.
10. Put back in the oven for 2 minutes.
11. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Note: I found a pretty decent whole wheat pita from a company called Fancy Pocket Corporation. If you look at the ingredients, its whole wheat flour, filtered water, yeast, salt, and calcium propionate. It’s only five ingredients so it’s not bottled down with a bunch of sugar and other junk.
If you liked this healthy pizza recipe, leave a comment below and also check out my delicious fat burning Peanut Butter & Jelly Protein Shake Recipe!